MonthlyCalendar is available at the Play Store and as apk file on sourceforge, the latter for older Android versions also.
Upon install, the app will ask for some permissions:
- Read/write calendar: That is probably what you expected.
- Read contacts: This is for reading the birthday of your contacts, in case they are not saved separately in your calendar.
First use instructions
You have two ways to start the application: First, there is an app launcher called "Mon Cal", which should be in your app list. And second, there is a choice of two widgets called "Mon Cal (4x1)" and "Mon Cal (2x2)", which you can add to your home screen. Tapping on any event or on the date will lead you to the app. Tapping on the clock will lead you to the system clock.
So you have started the app, and see a monthly view. Play around:
- Swipe left means previous month; swipe right means next month.
- Draw a spiral gesture (counter-clockwise), this jumps you back to today.
- Click on a day: This will zoom into that day. Click on a gray day (top and bottom of calendar), this zooms out.
- Click again on a day, choose one with events. Click on a event. This will open the event view. Press the back button on your phone.
- Press the menu button on your phone, this will show you your choices on the "monthly level".
From the monthly level menu, you can search, open the settings (preferences), jump to a specific date, or to the default Android calendar. Adding a new event is also possible; this takes the currently zoomed day as basis, or today if zoomed out.
To see what is possible on the "event level", head over to the documentation section.